Just a random status update

Yeah, it's been a while.  I've been doing more classic TV watching on YouTube than gaming, including Star Trek: Deep Space Nine and Lucky Star.  This entry will just be some snippets of what gaming I have been doing.  See the tags for what it involves.
Halo: Ok, I've given it some time for the fanboys to have their fanboy fun.  Things are calmer now, and I've made it clear that Classic Slayer is the only thing I'm willing to play with it.  I have a friend that's giving me some tutorials with the game, and I'm proud to say it's been having a positive effect.  For one thing, I have zero faith in the assault rifle now.  Unfortunately, I still have issues in dealing with snipers.  Most important to me is to get familiarity with the maps so that I can acquire the weapons I want, especially rockets that sound like they're as legitimate now as I always thought they were supposed to be.  I'm a little upset that I can't use the sword as effectively as I thought, but at least now I feel that, theoretically speaking, I'll be able to defend myself against it.
Magic: I judged the prerelease for Scars of Mirrodin, and fully expect to purchase a box.  The set looks like it's got a fair amount of power to it, and where there's power, there's money.  Unfortunately, when I participated in the second round, I did rather poorly, just going 2-2.  Oh well, I'm very pleased to see that poison is now fully legitimate, and they did it in a way that it feels like another level of "shields."  Life and poison act completely separately, but poison is definitely deadly enough to be threatening.  I think it's going to lend itself very well to combos.  It makes for a nice super-wither, though.
Street Fighter: I've neglected this thing lately, which bites considering I'm supposed to be in a tournament soon.  Fortunately, I'm getting myself back in the groove.  What's new is that I'm using Ultimate Atomic Buster more than I used to.  Previously, I used it for just about everybody, but my logic on some of them was simply baiting their anti-airs.  Essentially, I used it hoping for bad players.  I get more reward out of making my own legitimate set-ups than hoping for them to take bad bait.  Converts to Ultra 1 now include: Ryu, Sagat, and Fei Long.  I've also settled on it for Dhalsim and Makoto.  I still prefer Siberian Blizzard overall, but I need more reason than I used to.  Ken and Cammy just barely qualify now, Ken because he realistically will try more crossups and Cammy because her Cannon Spike really is her best option against my jump-ins by far.  It's more realistic to expect that bait to work, and I basically have to crumple to get Ultra 1 against her, anyway.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I play Heroclix

Siberian Blizzard revised