Finally settled


I'm in the higher 90's for my level in MNC. I don't think I can get much more intimate on how the game works. I've managed to find a group of really good players so that I can have fairly consistent teams when I play. This will be another "collection" post without any real theme.
* It seems that I'm pretty well settled as a Gunner. These other players are probably all better than me at their roles of choice, and not many of them involve any real firepower. They need a meat shield. As much as I enjoyed playing a Support, I'm actually not that bad as a Gunner. I have an easier time dismantling enemy turrets than anyone else could. With level 3 accuracy, I'm able to bring out excellent firepower almost anywhere I want. My mortar launcher allows me to hit targets I can't even see, frightening more than one player unprepared for such an attack. Perhaps most importantly, I do provide a bit of a wall so they can't necessarily push so easily. I still consider myself a weak link in their team, but I'm well-supported.
* I've expressed concern about how difficult it is to come back from behind in this game, and that still stands. For this reason, I can no longer support the existence of GrenADE 3. It's incredibly easy for a dominating team to win incidentally by keeping players from ever leaving. I have to admit, there's definitely too much cover out there. If the rest of it was identical without there being a dome, I could possibly favor it. Make the lower level still be closed in, but open up the upper half. I think I'll go along with vetoes for it, but I really don't want to. I want everything to be valid, and it pains me to accept this as a failed arena. It's like making a character ban. It just goes against my instincts.
* It's a good thing I enjoy the overall game, because there's a lot of stuff about it that's ticking me off. Most of it involves glitches. I can get used to gameplay issues, such as the Assassin being able to cancel her lunge attack directly into a grab. It's the network stuff that gets me. I've heard of something called "dedicated servers," which sounds like it's supposed to mean there's hardware set up specifically to host for each game. This would mean that each game doesn't necessarily just lock up when the host leaves, and the host isn't even explicit in the first place. There was also supposed to be a fix that allowed parties to stick together. My parties have been split up on multiple occasions. Finally, the severe lag I can sometimes encounter is unforgivable. There needs to be an explicit host, indicators for connection level, and the capability to kick anyone you please within the lobby. Kicking a party member would mean kicking the entire party, considering they'd all want to leave like that, anyway.
* I don't think I'll ever work as an Assault. Assault to MNC seems like Crimson Viper to Street fighter: they both need you to be very good already at their games' genres and engines to be used properly. The Assault is also supposed to be all-encompassing, able to switch his objective at a moment's notice. I like having my own role.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I play Heroclix

Siberian Blizzard revised