One very interesting day

Today, two very interesting things happened.  1) Possibly due to pirate distribution, Super Street Fighter 4 was officially released, although not every place was complying with that.  2) I got an invitation to be a "pro gamer" from a good friend, and possibly get some Youtube fame/infamy as a result.  What's amazing is that none of this was really motivating.  Check it out.
Ok, for the first thing of Super getting released, this thing just leapt at me.  I've always been thinking of its release as being something far off from the current time.  I would constantly be looking forward to it in moderation, knowing that it would come but not really giving it much enthusiasm.  I've had it preordered from Capcom, and they have since shipped it.  Well, now that this is all coming together, it's finally getting to me that this is real and happening.  Now I can't even enjoy it.  Why?
Damn pirates.  It's all because of them cheating Capcom out of their money by distributing illegal copies.  I know now that I'm not going to receive the game any later comparatively than I would have otherwise, so that part doesn't bug me.  It's that Capcom had to actually change their plans in response to it.  Don't give me that stuff about how the pirates did a good thing here because now I get my game sooner.  The ends do not justify the means.

Now, on to my shot at fame.  A friend called me up yesterday.  I've been invited to be on a video gaming game show (I'll have to gather the name for you guys) which is broadcast on YouTube.  Contestants will have the option of playing against 1 of 3 players: a rookie, a pro, and mystery (who knows the skill level).  I get to be the pro player for their Street Fighter 4 segment.  Chances are probably high that I will not be chosen, but I'm still honored to be a part of this.  I've heard this show's nominated for a Webby, too.  I wonder if the prestige of that alone would get me some kind of connection to Evo (probably not).  Those who have played me before will probably already know who I'm going to use, but I'm definitely going to be practicing up my menu.  If I'm gonna be the pro, I've gotta have the skills to back it up.
NOBODY WILL FACE ME AND GET THE PRIZE!!!  NOBODY!!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I play Heroclix

Siberian Blizzard revised